I May Just Croak If You Didn’t Go To Prom

Prom King and Queen of 2023, Antony Botros and Sydney Sanchez.

The Class of 2024 presented this year’s prom, A Night on the Bayou on April 15th. This year’s prom was held at The Westside Islands in Laton. Doors opened at 5:30 p.m. and the trolleys drove through a trail to reach the venue alongside the lake.
As students entered the venue, they walked through a stoned pathway and were led to the Princess and the Frog themed arrangements. Surrounded by dangling lights, green tapestries, the tables were placed right beside the lakeside view. A dessert table beautifully represented Tiana’s Palace with baked goods covering its entirety. There were two photo booths separated by the dance floor, with one allowing easily accessible portraits.
“The area was surrounded by water which really expressed the theme and taking a bunch of pictures captured memories that I will forever cherish,” expressed senior Julian Ruiz.
As 6:30 p.m. came along, lines of students began to form to select their choices of food; steak, chicken, rice, green beans, salad, and bread. As the DJ filled the air with music, transitions to the dance floor gradually came along.
“Dance like no one’s watching,” suggested senior Michael Cooper.
For seniors, this was one of their last opportunities to fulfill their high school experience of attending prom. They made sure to collect as many memories as they could.
“The fact that prom came so fast and it being a big part of high school really made it fulfilling,” shared senior Makaira Chavez.
Prom is a pivotal point for seniors to see how much they’ve grown and how little time they have left in high school.
“Going to my last prom made me realize how close we are to graduations,” stated Annie Briseno.
At last it was time for students to vote for their favorite Prom King and Queen, as well as Prom Prince and Princess. Towards the end of the dance, the Junior class officers announced the winning titles. Prom Prince was won by Javon Hicks, and title of Prom Princess was claimed by Mariah Gonzales. It was then finally announced who won Prom King and Queen. Antony Botros and Sydney Sanchez!
“Winning Prom Queen honestly felt like I was in a movie and I was the main character, it was such an exciting feeling I will never forget. I got to win the title with my elementary school friend, Antony, so it was a pretty cool moment,” expressed Sanchez.
As the night came to an end, and trolleys drove off, the seniors made sure to enjoy their time being at their last high school dance.