Big Time Bears

Andrew Rodriguez, Reporter/Photo Editor

Girls’ Wrestling: Kailey Salazar: “Kailey, a freshman, has come in and proved that she is more than capable of competing at the next level. She is currently undefeated.” – Coach Pepe

Boys’ Wrestling: Kimo Leia: “Kimo showed true grit and heart by battling back after a loss at the Doc B invite to finish with a record of 5-1.” – Coach Pepe

Boys’ Tennis: Owen Wenter: “Owen Wenter lead the team last year as Varsity #1. Since practice started, his focus has been keen as he knows what to expect of our competition.” – Coach David

Girls’ Soccer: Makaira Chavez: “One of the hardest workers on the team. Positive attitude and this year she has played with more confidence than the past season. She is always giving 110% for the team.” – Coach Zamora

Boys’ Soccer: Jayden Valdez: “A player everyone would like to have, but hate to play against!” – Coach Ruben

Girls’ Basketball: Chantel Rodriguez: “Chantel plays with great intensity and effort. Her energy propels not only herself, but boosts the entire team.” – Coach Romig

Boys’ Swim: Andrew Rodriguez: “Probably the most positive attitude on the team. Played varsity water polo and is doing varsity swimming this year – and still comes to practice with a smile.” – Coach Wood

Girls’ Swim: Abi Baker: “Committed, dedicated, great attitude, exceptional athlete. I could go on. Bottom line, Abi knows what it takes to be an ATHLETE. And she is better than anyone I have coached.” – Coach Wood