SHS Varsity Volleyball Back up and Running

Chantel+Rodriguez+serves+at+a+Home+game+against+Kingsburg+

Lovleen Sahota

Chantel Rodriguez serves at a Home game against Kingsburg

Lovleen Sahota, Feature Editor

When the pandemic broke out in March 2020, all sports were either halted or continued with the implementation of safety measures. However, with the reopening of in person learning sports have come back to a state of normalcy. 

The Lady Bears most recent game was against CVC, on September 30th. 

“Being able to play games and be with the team, after such a long time, is such a great feeling,” exclaims Varsity Co-Captain, Lexa Gallardo.

On September 27th, the Lady Bears played against their rival Kingsburg.

“Our game against Kingsburg was truly one of the best games we have played.  As we played and stood on the court, we felt the energy and the dedication of hard work that we all gave to win,” describes, Varsity Co-Captain, Mariana Quezada. “Although we didn’t win, I had an amazing time during that game.”

The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in an unprecedented situation within the sporting community. Consequently, the future of high school athletes’ performance has been in question for many.

“Covid has most definitely impacted our team’s performance, we didn’t have as much time to condition and practice beforehand,” states Lexa Gallardo.

The effects of COVID-19 continue to ripple and affect the sports ecosystem.

“Some of the challenges we deal with are mostly Covid related. expresses Mariana Quezada.

Despite the influence,Covid has had on the Lady Bears, they strive to make this year one of their best. This season, they’ve embodied a driven and optimistic perspective on the court.

“We have grown together, stronger and better as a team throughout this following season, ” adds Gallardo.

Through countless hours of practice, filled with focus and determination, the Lady Bears prepare for the CIF Playoffs on October 26th.