Big Time Bears

Drawing by Mia Salinas

Ari Matias Perez, Co-Editor in Chief, Co-News Editor

Swim

Abigail Baker

“Abi is one of the top swimmers in the Valley. She finished in the top eight at the D1 championships last year in two events as a freshman, and this year has already set a new school record in the 200 freestyle. She is very athletic and talented, but she works hard to get where she is. Always at practice, and always willing to do the hard sets. I anticipate four more CSL titles from her this year.” ~ Coach Wood

Dive

Royal Valle

“He always shows up ready to give 100%.  Royal has the drive and determination I wish every athlete had.”~ Coach Loucks 

Boys golf

Landen Davis

“He is committed to becoming the best golfer he can be. He works hard at practice and is eager to learn the details that are impactful to his improvements. His potential is very high.”~ Coach Wolfe 

Baseball

Isaiah Gastelum 

“He leads us in innings pitched, wins, and at the plate, hits”~ Coach Hollett

Softball

Genna Martinez 

“She is a hard working, disciplined player.  She is one of the smartest players I have ever coached.”~ Coach Tapia

Track

Jayleen Rivera 

“She has a good work ethic.” ~ Coach Reyes

Tennis

Jai Binning

“He has been at every practice working hard.  Jai listens and wants to get better. He has earned his position in the top six.”~ Coach David

Boys wrestling 

Rudy Garcia

“Rudy wrestled his way to an eighth place finish at the California State Championship.  Rudy’s hard work and never say die attitude got him there.”~ Coach Lopez

Girls wrestling 

Arykah Cuevas

“Arykah is a leader and an awesome role model. She has a never give up attitude and gives 100% in everything she does which is why she was able to become a State placer this year. She’s just a great person overall. We are extremely proud of her.”~ Coach Areyano